American Friends of Yeshivot Bnei Akiva is happy to invite all of our friends and supporters to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Yeshivat Hakotel, one of the flagship institutions in the YBA network. Yeshivat Hakotel was founded in the aftermath of Israel’s miraculous victory in the Six Day War, when the Jewish people returned to the Old City, and the city of Jerusalem was reunified. Facing the Kotel, and in sight of the Makom Hamikdash, Yeshivat Hakotel has for 50 years been sharing a love of Judaism and an appreciation of the miracle of modern Israel with thousands of Israeli and overseas students.
The 50th anniversary wil be celebrated with a dinner on Tuesday night,
Yom Yerushalayim, May 23,
Lincoln Square Synagogue in New York.
- Guest of Honor will be Danny Danon, Israel's Permanent Representative to the United Nations.
- Brigadier-General Miki Edelstien, the IDF's representative in the USA will also be attending.
- Alumnus of the Year is Rabbi Raphi Mandelstam.
- The Dvar Torah will be given by Rabbi Reuven Taragin, Dean of Overseas Students, with a musical program by Eitan Katz.
- The evening will conclude with a festive Maariv service that will feature special Tefilot for Yom Yerushalayim
To place an ad in the journal or make dinner reservations please visit: http://www.hakotel.org.il/dinner/